1. Bienvenido Invitado! para poder interactuar con la comunidad y tener acceso a todas las características de la web.
  1. Bienvenido Invitado! para poder interactuar con la comunidad y tener acceso a todas las características de la web.

How to use Propper with CSGO SDK

Tema en 'Guías y Tutoriales' iniciado por wan186, 29 Abr 2016.

• Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    As i will create some tutorials, i hope that i can post them here and not in the international section, as there will be in English.

Propper is really useful. It allows you to convert brushes to a model, allowing you to optimise performances, or even remove brush or face errors sometimes...

Was hard to make propper works well on CSGO, i spend 6 hours yesturday to find how. So here is the procedure!

Prerequisites
    • Download propper
    • Unzip propper files to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin folder)
    Now start Hammer.
    • Go in the tools->options menu.
    • In the Game Data Files section, click add and select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\propper.fgd
    • Now open the "run map" tool.
    • Click "edit", and add a new configuration called "Propper"
    • Click close, then click "new", then click "Cmds" and choose "Executable"
    • Select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\propper.exe
    • Just add as parameters: "-game $gamedir $path\$file" without the quotes (watch out to don't have any extra space)
    Now you can use Propper as with the previous sdks:
    • Just choose the brushes you want to create a model
    • Click "To Entity"
    • Change the entity type to propper_model:
    • -change name to "YourFolder/YourModelName". It is relative to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models folder..
    • -change physics, auto center, etc... Depending on your wills. Go here for more infos:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Propper
    • run the compilation...
    Now you can test your model:
    • Create a prop entity
    • In model property, click "browse"
    • In your mmodel browser, click "Assets" to refresh the list
    • Find your model and enjoy :)
    Remember to remove propper.fgd from the game files section of the option menu, after using it. (Cause this can make Hammer crash with maps without brush entity)

If you want help, post here. If you think i need to add screenshots, say it to me, i will make them....
    But i hope that's already enough clear to make you use Propper! ;)
    • Colaborador

Syoudous Miembro

Puntuación:
    +12 / 1 / -0
    Going to throw this out there that you will need to go through some hoops getting the textures to compile and save. You will need to extract textures and ensuring they're saved in the 7.2 (7.4 supposedly works, 7.5 is used for CS:GO) VTF version format and saved under the episode1 directory. The VPK is also updated and changed overtime so it is no longer read. To be more specific on this I don't believe VPK's are even supported. Only GCF which is long dated and no longer used. I could be wrong but hey, if you're going down this path expect to do a bit of jumping. A bit of a hassle to get running but it is an alternative. In the long run it's still better to do this through the much older Source SDK itself and I'd recommend it if you're having to prop anything.
    • Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i see that some textures are not recognised by Propper, thanks to have explained why!!! No i will be able to make them work too ;)
    The problem with other SDKs, are that you need HL2 or Episode 2 to make it work, and some don't have them (i have HL2, not EP2)

So it's not the best option to use propper, but can be the only one for some of us.

This could be great to post here a tutorial to convert texture.. Maybe i will have time soon to do it, other else if anyone want to do it, it will be with pleasure ;)

Also please, can you edit my first post to add this at the end:
    Remember to remove propper.fgd from the game files section of the option menu, after using it. (Cause this can make Hammer crash with maps without brush entity)
    • Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    About texture versions, i tried with 7.4, and if the texture appears, the scale and position are reseted to default..
    Idk if you can convert a 7.4 texture to 7.2... So you should ever work with 7.2 textures.

Compartir esta página