Weird dynamic shadows...

Since the Wildfire update, we are a lot to have problems with shadows.
I don’t talk about the props getting totally black, but about weird shadows, or shadows getting colored with no reason.

Here a screenshot of this fucking shadows on my map:

I have no named light… It’s a full compile HDR (with tonemap). Settings of the light_environment HDR values are (Brightness/Ambiant): 255 91 13 150 / 255 255 255 5 for this screenshot.

I get rid of the fact this shadows are colored with 2 solutions.
-make light_environment ambient value to 0 0 0 0. Even 128 128 128 0 or 256 256 256 0 don’t work, wich is totally absurd. -kill the cascade_lighting. But then i have no more dynamic shadows.

Only the last solution, get rid of another problem: get weird dynamic shadows. This weird shadows only appears when you’re close enough. Example here:

Far:

Close:

The only way to fix this problem, is to kill the env_cascade_lightning. But it’s like removing near all shadows, except the geometry world’s casted ones.

So this is a problem of dynamic shadowing. I tried to put my own env_cascade_lightning, use a shadow_control, even a sun_shadow_control, all settings i tried don’t help me.

The best solution i found currently, is to set the light_environment HDR values to (Brightness/Ambiant): 255 91 13 1000 / 255 255 255 50, but this values then make the sky really too dark cause because of HDR…

Gods of mapping, please help ^^

Ok. Enviolinador found why…

I used separate values for LDR and HDR, and that’s why i got this weird shadows.
There is no real reason about this… But well… It’s the Valve effect… Sometimes there is no logic…

Now i’m back setting only LDR values, keeping HDR to default ones (-1 -1 -1 -1) and use tonemap to adjust the brightness, it’s fully working now… And i got the perfect aspect i want.

GG for the suggestion Envi. Thx.
I hope this thread will help the ones getting this problem.

Edit: it’s -1 -1 -1 1