1. Bienvenido Invitado! para poder interactuar con la comunidad y tener acceso a todas las características de la web.
  1. Bienvenido Invitado! para poder interactuar con la comunidad y tener acceso a todas las características de la web.

Concurso Navidad 2015 ze_santassination_v1

Tema en 'Mapas' iniciado por Luffaren, 2 Ene 2016.

Luffaren Novato

Puntuación:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Heyo there!
    I have now finished my map for the Mapeadores zombie christmas mapping contest, under the name of ze_santassination.
    As the name states it's all about assassinating good ol'e Santa Claus. He's gone naughty and it's up to you to save Christmas!

It has 4 stages, human items, npc's, John Cena, Michael Cera, EA Sports and something extra on top.
    The map is at pretty much every major limit atm. There were many times where the map file got corrupt, though Hammer served me well with its autosave feature, luckily.
    You'll probably notice the lack of detail toward the later stages, it's generally because of those danged limits and whatnot. I hope that won't be a huge drawback on your experience.

I shall provide a download link after i've gotten the chance to test it properly in a closed session. Id like to avoid any major issues before going all out public, i hope that's understandable.
    I'll probably wait with releasing it on Gamebanana until the official contest testing is done on top of that.

Until then, here's a few not-so-spoiler-y screenies:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Download link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13123326/LINK/Finished/santassination/ze_santassination_v1.zip

"Muchachos el muyo bien, si" ~Abraham Baconlord
    • Me gusta Me gusta x 3
    • Amable Amable x 1
    • Creativo Creativo x 1
    • Administrador

CATKrash Miembro Activo

Puntuación:
    +120 / 11 / -3
    Looks cool. I'm looking forward to play it in the server.
    • Administrador

Astornauta Miembro Activo

Puntuación:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    This map looks awesome, i want to play it.
    • Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Luffaren Novato

Puntuación:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello there again!

The map is now ready. I have made several fixes, tweaks, additions and optimizations since the test which should make the map fully playable.
    I'd like to thank everyone attending at the test and providing valuable information. I'd also like to thank Envi, Syo and Kaemon for helping out answering on some technical doubts, thoughts and issues. I ran in to so many weird things, especially towards the end. Mapping can be stressful as hell at times.
    I'll upload the map to Gamebanana once it's been through the official contest test.

The map is supposed to be a challenge, especially toward the later stages. Things might perhaps seem too difficult to begin with, but that's usually how things are with new maps. I'll let the map sink in for a while before reconsidering some tweaks balance-wise, but if there's anything really big/map breaking i'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
    If you find any issues/something major, don't hesitate to contact me right away about it. I'll also take note of requests and more minor stuff, though i can't promise that all requests will be implemented.

Finally, i'd like to request of you (especially the people testing the other day):
    Please don't spoil the map too much for people, let them experience it themselves if possible.

Enjoy!

Download link:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13123326/LINK/Finished/santassination/ze_santassination_v1.zip

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Colaborador

Unorth Miembro Activo

Puntuación:
    +52 / 1 / -0
    Hey Luffaren,
    First off, great map experience. Thoroughly enjoyed the Prologue. Nearly shed a tear! Just one concern I have with the the Santa Claus fight is the aggro on the boss. Now we only tested it with a small subset of people ~7 so the full AI of the fight may not have been in affect at this point, but I found the boss tends to stick to one person and follow them indefinitely until death. This appears to be the case for skinny Santa and rolly bouncy Santa.

I wouldn't be too concerned with it until it undergoes a full test with a more realistic subset of players with non test settings, but I would perhaps keep an eye on the mechanics of the fight should it be a valid issue that needs to be addressed.

Overall, loved the experience of the map. A lot of gags, great detail and scale! Very well done on the submission!

-Unorth
    • Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I tested definitive version of this map finally. The last part of the Prologue is now impossible to win, or near... Maybe alpha of this somke/cloud need a little adjustment.

Luffaren Novato

Puntuación:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the comments/feedback!
    The map is indeed very difficult to beat as things are. I'm currently working on v1_1 which will nerf most of it and fix/tweak several other things.
    • Colaborador

wan186 Miembro

Puntuación:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Compartir esta página