[Broken] stopmusic plugin

Kind time of day. Recently I began to notice that !stopmusic incorrectly disable music. More precisely, he turns off the only current track. Sometimes passing a map music does not allow you to hear a person.
Is there a way to fix this bug?

Could you be a little more specific? Map name helps. Are you sure you didn’t just outright set volume for music in CS:GO to 0? You can check this by setting snd_musicvolume 1 in console.

On the map ze_Pirates_Port_Royal_v5_6. I type !stopsound, but the music is turned off for only one track. As soon as other music begins on the map, you have to type again !stopsound
Although I understand that this plugin should disable themes all the music on the map until I again will type again !stopsound.
But he, for some reason, does not work like that.

Ok this made more sense and ur right everytime on another theme it hops back

It might be related to your average ping. The way !stopmusic works, at least in the version we run, is to send a ‘stop sound message’ to the players. This is generally the cleanest, most accurate way to handle it. The problem comes when your client hasn’t begun playing music due to lag, and the stop sound message is received: you’re sent a message to stop a sound which isn’t playing, and then the sound plays locally. As far as I am aware, there isn’t a perfect solution to this, and the sloppy solutions other servers use are pretty silly. They send ‘stop sound’ messages on every little time step, causing the sound cache to be reloaded every time. This is a waste of server time (sending messages) and client time (handling sound caches).

Tell me what your average ping is when connected to the server and I will see if I can make some tweaks.

My average ping in the area 70-80

This should be fixed now. While we worked around music issues when and if a mapper decides to map or port a bit recklessly around the sound area (ze_sandstorm_go & ze_sky_athletic), we didn’t cover for what ze_Pirates_Port_Royal was previously doing. Our old code was covering it without us knowing and we left the gates open for issues here. This should be working again as intended for this specific map.

Goofs all around.