SourceTV Record for next events?

Hi friends,

Videos of Fapescape event are always in first person view, and that’s not really great.
I searched for how to record a party to create nice videos, where we can see the whole action, and this is possible :slight_smile: But this must be done in the server side :oops:

Just read that: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SourceTV
(specially the record section)

Recording don’t drop the performance.
I think SourceTV records require very few disk space, because it’s only simple datas.

I don’t know if SourceTV himself drop performance, but maybe not if you set it private, to don’t have spectator during the session?

Maybe we can try it?

1 Like

It was tried in css, but it crashed the server. Demo recording in csgo is certainly different with all the competitive game casting and overwatch demos, so there is a chance it might work, but I’m afraid we can’t test this kind of stuff until Morell comes back.

But i fear it’s a source engine feature, so it’s the same code since css…
Except if this module is retro-compatible, and was updated since your last try maybe?
I dunno…

Morell is the best to say about the technical part, cause it depends also on hardware ressources.

Yesterday, investigating ways to crop demos and to record them, I saw this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Demo_Recording_Tools#Notes
Note the “cam_command” and the “thirdperson” commands. You should test them. I didn’t, so I don’t now what they do exactly, but maybe it could be interesting for what you want to do.
Oh, and remember you have to use the sv_cheats command before those ones.

I read that you can’t do free moves with client demos… That’s why i’m requiring that. But i will try when i will got your demo this night :stuck_out_tongue:

Krash, i just tried the thirdperson and cam_command.
You can only get third person view, and you can’t move around.

I confirm that tv_maxclients 0 disable broadcasting.

Morell, are you here? :stuck_out_tongue:

We have to try.

F*ck yeah! :cool: