[Suggestion]: New VIP Ranks

Hi/Hola,
Sorry in advance for the Spanglish.

[English]
As we are well aware a lot of the veteran players have now achieved and gone well beyond Dios VIP which is 1000 hours. Once you achieve Dios there is no longer an incentive to keep accumulating hours on the server. Perhaps its time we look at the VIP system an add additional Ranks of the VIP system after a certain amount of time. Players like DreamWeaver has achieved well over 2300 hours. Obviously he is an edge case but some reward should be on offer for playing such a long time.

Goals:

• 1500: Custom Tag?
  • 2250:
  • 5000:

If anyone has any ideas for potentially VIP prizes feel free to suggest it.

[Spanglish]:
Como bien sabemos, muchos de los jugadores veteranos ya han logrado y han ido mucho más allá de Dios VIP, que es de 1000 horas. Una vez que alcanzas a Dios ya no hay un incentivo para mantener la acumulación de horas en el servidor. Tal vez su tiempo nos fijamos en el sistema VIP y añadir rangos adicionales del sistema VIP después de una cierta cantidad de tiempo. Jugadores como DreamWeaver ha logrado más de 2300 horas. Obviamente, él es un caso de borde, pero una recompensa debe estar en oferta para jugar tanto tiempo.

Metas:

1500: Etiqueta personalizada?
2250: <Insertar premio aleatorio>
5000: <Insertar mejor premio aleatorio>

Si alguien tiene alguna idea para los premios potencialmente VIP, siéntase libre de sugerirlo.

(If any of the above is wrong blame Google)

• Unorth

I like this idea, but i think 2250 hours and 5000 is really crazy. I would put like 1300 - 1600 - 2000 and 2500.
Tambien lo comenté alguna vez con alguno que estaría bien poder cambiarse de color el tag del vip dios aunque solo sean poco mas de 10.

Okay i will to use this opportunitty,
appart from the custom colour tags, which i think is a really good idea, maybe we can also use some skins as compensation for vips.

5000 Might be a bit over the top, but I like the general idea.

Will be hard to imagine more prizes though, isn’t the honour good enough?

El problema principal es que no hay muchos más colores disponibles en el juego para el chat. El juego permite 16 pero de esos hay muchos que son parecidos entre si.

1500 custom tag
2000 special color/trails/tracers
2200 or 2500 new special skin

another question will supporters be able to change custom tag?

It’s good idea but 5000 hr, that will be verry hard!!!
Im with (rip) idea :
1500 custom tag
2000 special color/trails/tracers
2200 or 2500 new special skin

The problem with time-based rewards is that they’re gonna keep piling up and there’s no way to avoid that. I don’t think the incentive for a player who has been playing for 1000 hours on the server should be the VIP tag—hopefully gameplay and community will have been a more important factor. Within this frame, VIP as a reward mostly engages new players—the difference from each VIP level isn’t as much as from VIP to non-VIP. I say this because, although you might disagree, it is a frame that probably models what goes on the server quite well.

Regarding colours, which was already brought up by Astor once, the problem is as Morell says: there are few colours in the game, some are similar to one another or have other uses throughout the server and are used to uniquely identify VIP level. The latter could change, but the other two issues remain. These are the available colours:

I myself don’t see much going out of them, but you may have some interesting suggestions. Remember: we can’t change them, sadly.

Regarding custom tags, it is the same discussion as with supporter—but with VIP it becomes worse because the number of players that may reach it over time is much larger. I generally don’t like systems that require policing because they don’t scale well. That mindset is the general thread underlying many of the things in the server—what doesn’t need to be checked produces no headaches. The other times we had this discussion it ended on stalemate, because it is very hard to discern whether the positive side (per-player customisation) outweighs the negative side (per-player policing).

Finally, I’m not sure giving VIPs supporter perks is the way to go. As always, I suggest you look for different ideas, not repurposing something we already have. Right now, tracers, trails and other visual perks are given to Supporters and Mappers only, following the logic that they can show off visually their help and support to the community and the servers. Although long-time players will probably help the community in certain ways, it does not have to be the case—an apathetic player might reach that amount of playtime. I suspect something different, specifically tailored to VIPs might be a better solution. We can try to brainstorm in that direction, if you agree.

well actually should custom tag only be for supporters it gives like a boost to get supporter too cause of the fancy colors i guess and lot of people will come/play/donate + better for the server ofcourse.

• at the end of the road i might guess its better if the vip perks stays how it is atm if it would change to much it would no match to donate for supporter
  • i guess a special skin would be enough for some special vips.

I also think this is a good idea, I feel that people are getting bored of the DIOS rank at the moment. I think that the whole system as Envi has said, does provide a gateway for new players to interact and delve into the community, but I also feel it extends further on from that. For example, I know many people who have played the server to mainly gain new ranks, along with having fun of course. I feel it could be implemented and somewhat tested to see if this would be a valid extension from the current VIP system.
In relation to what people have bought up, the colouring being a problem, you could also apply different models to different ranks like there is currently for DIOS, you could even reuse the old DIOS rank, the green combine. Although just a suggestion and open for negotiation, I think something could work off this.

In the old CS:S server, I believe there was a ‘branching’ among VIP levels so players were able to select their VIP level after reaching a given amount of hours. It meant different skin colors only, but allowed for a degree of customisation which might be just enough. The problem here would be where to set the new VIP levels: if after Dios, Dios should be renamed and repurposed; if before, Dios VIPs would receive an arbitrary VIP rank instead. We could discuss this route, perhaps having ‘Gem’ VIP levels after Platino (e.g. Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire VIPs, each with their own color) and then have Dios or another intermediate level. For reference, the old setup is here, in spanish:

The problem—and why this wasn’t brought over in the first case—is that chat colours are lackluster for it. We could discuss workarounds or other options, but perhaps this would suffice.

1 Like

I really like this idea about the gems, this seems extremely feasible. Though we’d have to think of something for over Dios, maybe something along the lines of some fancy titles like Emperor, or even army titles; admiral, general etcetc.

With regards to the chat colours, is it possible to add symbols of some kind? Something like icons or stars, triangles?

Or even a prestige system, although not really practically, i’m throwing ideas out; You could get to say, 1000 hours, and then have it somewhat reset to Bronze, but you could change the name, like New Bronze or Shiny Bronze. Of course this would be off your own will and not just instantly changed back to bronze once you’ve hit 1000.
Although the problem with that is, what do you do about people that have gone above 1000 hours? Some have over 2000 hours at this time, so we’d have to figure a way to put those into this new cycle.

I forgot to mention this previously: an alternative approach was proposed by Kaem, which would feature a sort of ‘rank’ of playtime in a recent time span and would reset. Your total time count would remain fixed, but you would have a competitive ranking of playtime which could determine an extra parameter. If mixed with your idea, it could translate into adding tokens to the rank: stars, triangles and other icons. Perhaps a middle ground between those two idea might do—though the competitive angle would take longer to implement.

Gem/military/other ranks would be really easy to implement. The main logistical problem would be getting people with certain ranks back in, and ensuring they’re fine with the change. I have been discussing with Morell that we should also try to integrate the community more with Discord, as it allows for livelier discussions and a better way of handling these ideas we’d want to discuss directly with the player base. Perhaps we could cook up a solution that pretty much addresses all of it at once, with little effort, and makes everybody happy. I’d very much like that, because doing the most with the least effort always feels right.

EDIT: Since I didn’t address it: I am not sure about the feasibility of actually using those tokens in CS:GO. In CS:S, it was possible and easy, but CS:GO is a different beast and the chat handler is pretty rough around the edges. I guess we could give a few tokens a shot and see if they render fine. We’d need to see how to wrap it all up together, still.

What about making it 2 paths of 3 levels per path with the names of lawful gods (or Elysium/Valhalla gods) one path and evil gods (or underworld/hell gods) the other? I think it makes it a bit more relatable than the gems.

I’m not sure if I understand or am even copying krashs idea but when i read it I thought of giving people different options (evil/good) so evil path would have a darker skin and darker nametag while good would be the opposite, for example, evil path at 450 get hades and good path get Xeus (as an example), at 1000 evil gets devil and good get angel… so an and so forth. I think it gives more of a chance and people could always work for both even after they max one. For example after I finish 1000 on the evil path I can decide to go for the good path so I can get all the possible rewards. (none overlapping)