[Suggestion] Hide people

[B][COLOR=#262626]Buenos días a todos[/COLOR][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#262626]Server is improving a lot, new maps are added, and server managers are looking for (good) changes, and this is a good thing.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#262626]It's on this way that I make this post,to propose a new plugin, the hide people plugin (!hide). The main objective of this plugin is to hide other players by typing "!hide". This plugin improving FPS a lot (less models displayed more FPS for users).[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=#262626]There's no better way to defend an opinion that talking about his own experience. I used to play with less than 20 FPS during almost a year and I know that unpleasant feeling. A lot of peoples playing with low FPS and its not rare to see players complaining about their low FPS and asking for "magic fix"[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[B][COLOR=#99cc00][U][B][U][SIZE=5]Main pros :[/U][/B][/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
  • Improving FPS
[B][COLOR=#ff0000][U][B][U][SIZE=5]Main cons :[/U][/B][/U][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
  • Can maybe affect server performance ?

Thanks for reading and all my apologies if you have difficulties to read my english, I trying my
best and learning days after days

1 Like

Everyday there is always gonna be people who have really low fps while playing zombie escape and !hide improves it a lot +1

Hi Teno,
From previous chats without the admin team this has been on the cards as a possible improvement idea. +1 from me as well as I think this is something which could really benefit players. Similar transparency to Minecraft Adventure map would be along the lines of how I envision the plugin.

• Unorth

This was actually implemented already in the old server, but it caused horrible performance – which is normal, considering it has to constantly check who is near who and toggling visibility. I will tell Morell to take the old plugin and give it another go. Bear in mind what we did isn’t a command: it just always removes players which are too close from view. It didn’t feel like it made sense to have it as a command, and it added extra complexity. Also, because how it works, transparency is on or off. Minecraft Adventure’s models have the transparency at the material level, making it better looks-wise but less controllable.

When this goes up, tell me if there is anything wrong and we’ll take a look at it.

Oh okay glad to know that nice ! :slight_smile:

It is up and running. We might need to tweak it further, trying to optimize it to make sure we are in the clear, but for now it should do. It is only enabled for humans, mostly because Morell is paranoid about having it for everyone. If you get annoyed being a zombie and getting your view blocked by other zombies, say it.

It gives alot of crashes its tested before, might been updated by now but i dont think it will do any good

According with Morell about zombie hide, most of the time fps lag is due to CTs (maybe because of weapons models idk)
I just tested it, that look nice, maybe increase the range of the hide for like 10-15 units (we have to be into other people to make them disapear actually)

I wrote an optimised version that should be about 10 times better on the server while having support for both teams. It checks for visibility every 0.1 seconds, so I also made the range a bit larger for situations in which lag pulls in whatever direction. I’ve checked with Morell and it seems alright to me, post here if you want to toss any other suggestions.

Y no se podría poner que fuese optativo, en plan con un comando?

Well im kinda curious how it might work on the server so lets try that out

Gracias chicos por añadirlo, de momento almenos a mi me tira sin problemas, la verdad que no sabria decir si he ganado fps pero vamos almenos para mi 0 lag.

Muchas gracias!!!:wink:

Eso será lo siguiente. Por ahora, el plugin parece funcionar bien – no hemos recibido quejas o sugerencias más allá. Como siempre, cualquier sugerencia razonable es bienvenida.

Hi Envi,
I have had one or two queries from people asking if it would be possible to add a command to enable/disable this feature. The plugin is widely praised for the most part but there is some people more comfortable being able to see whose directly on them also.

• Unorth

You can now use !see and !hide. The default mode is ‘hide nearby players’, so !see makes more sense. !hide is there as a complement since it is a more common command. Any quirks, write 'em here.

1 Like

works fine well done

Nice one, Thanks a lot Envi!

If it’s not very difficult to implement, I would like to ask to make it so that a game client’s settings of this plugin are remembered, i.e. stored on the server or on the client. Currently they are reset to the default “hide” (i.e. nearby players are invisible) every time a game client reconnects to the server (including reconnects when the map changes on the server).

I personally prefer to have the plugin off and all players visible for situation awareness: I like to be able to see at a glance, how many players around me are still defending a point; when using an item, I like to be able to make sure that nobody is blocking me from using it at the right moment by standing “on me”; when using a “wall” type item I like to be sure that I’m not going to block somebody in front of me accidently.

I’ve added this a few days ago, but I went on a mapping streak to make a 1-day map—which is intentionally absurd—and we haven’t had the time to test it. It should be up soon, whenever we ensure everything’s fine.

1 Like

be awere if u are in people faces while shooting the bullets wont pass through so u can’t stack. you need to spread out now.