As i will create some tutorials, i hope that i can post them here and not in the international section, as there will be in English.
Propper is really useful. It allows you to convert brushes to a model, allowing you to optimise performances, or even remove brush or face errors sometimes…
Was hard to make propper works well on CSGO, i spend 6 hours yesturday to find how. So here is the procedure!
- Download propper
- Unzip propper files to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin folder)
Now start Hammer.
- Go in the tools->options menu.
- In the Game Data Files section, click add and select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\propper.fgd
- Now open the “run map” tool.
- Click “edit”, and add a new configuration called “Propper”
- Click close, then click “new”, then click “Cmds” and choose “Executable”
- Select C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\propper.exe
- Just add as parameters: “-game $gamedir $path$file” without the quotes (watch out to don’t have any extra space)
Now you can use Propper as with the previous sdks:
- Just choose the brushes you want to create a model
- Click “To Entity”
- Change the entity type to propper_model:
- -change name to “YourFolder/YourModelName”. It is relative to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\models folder…
- -change physics, auto center, etc… Depending on your wills. Go here for more infos:https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Propper
- run the compilation…
Now you can test your model:
- Create a prop entity
- In model property, click “browse”
- In your mmodel browser, click “Assets” to refresh the list
- Find your model and enjoy
Remember to remove propper.fgd from the game files section of the option menu, after using it. (Cause this can make Hammer crash with maps without brush entity)
If you want help, post here. If you think i need to add screenshots, say it to me, i will make them…
But i hope that’s already enough clear to make you use Propper!